Reports to: Clinical/Executive Director
Summary: The purpose of this position is to coordinate all activities of the admission process from point of referral to completion of paperwork and transfer to the Case Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes the admission process in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient’s physical, psychological, social and environmental status; identifies appropriate interventions and initiates a plan of care based on these findings.
- Records observations accurately and maintains patient’s medical records in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Assists BOC in verifying the pay or source, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance.
- Meet or exceed the dress code of the facility as specified in the Employee Handbook, which includes neat, clean, odor-free grooming and dress.
- Follow the established universal precautions and isolation procedures.
- Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in patients’ personal and health care needs.
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government agencies.
- Review, monitor, intervene and document complaints and grievances from patients, families, visitors and employees.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions, and other information relating to patients, employees and the facility.