Introduction to Abington, Massachusetts
Abington is a town in Plymouth County, Massachusetts. It’s located just 22 miles south of Boston and 45 miles northeast of Providence. Much like the rest of New England, it suffers from the drug and alcohol epidemic. As a result, more and more people need treatment in the area.
Abington Alcohol and Drug Addiction Statistics
Some surprising statistics in the area of Abington, MA include:
- Men are roughly twice as likely to attend a rehab center.
- From 2015 to 2019, there were 28 fatal overdoses in Abington. This is a high number for a town of roughly16,000 residents.
- From 2016 to 2018, the fatal overdose rate in Plymouth County was almost 3.5 times higher than the national average. It also increased by 19% from 2018 to 2019. This makes it the sixth highest rate in the entire state.
- Over 50% of Abington residents in treatment injected drugs.
- About 22% of adults in the county report heavy or binge drinking. Between 2014 and 2018, there were 72 fatal car accidents caused by DUIs.
Abington Alcohol and Drug Outpatient Rehab Questions
If you’re reading this article, it’s safe to say you probably have some questions. That’s totally normal and completely expected. However, let’s quickly discuss the two basic types of rehab programs:
- Inpatient Treatment - You live at the treatment center.
- Outpatient Treatment - You live outside the treatment center (at home, for example)
For many people, outpatient treatment is the better treatment option since it’s less expensive and drastic than inpatient rehab.
Where should I go to receive the best alcohol and drug outpatient treatment near Abington?
This will vary from person to person, so you need to be sure to choose an outpatient program that will put your needs and health first. You should feel safe and the treatment staff should be compassionate and free of any judgment.
That being said, there are lots of treatment options in the Abington area. In fact, Northeast Addictions Treatment Center is located just 25 minutes away in the town of Quincy. They offer comprehensive outpatient treatment that’s substantially less expensive than inpatient treatment.
What do I look for in an outpatient rehab facility?
Everyone has their own story, so you’ll want to choose the outpatient program that best meets your needs. However, they should use various forms of evidence-based treatment (EBT). This means that their methods have been researched and are shown to be effective. They should also offer a customized rehab program that can meet your specific recovery needs.
Is addiction treatment necessary for recovery?
It is extremely difficult to break an addiction without help. Aside from destroying your health, addictions can and have ruined families, friendships and careers as well. It’s a serious problem, and serious problems require serious solutions.
It is also important to remember that addiction is a disease and should be treated by professionals and specialists. If you’re reading this article, then you’ve probably battled with this demon for a long time. Northeast Addictions Treatment Center can help you take that first step towards recovery and happiness.
Types of Rehab Programs in Abingdon
Northeast Addictions Treatment Center is an outpatient program. However, let’s take a moment to take a look at the different types of rehab programs to give you a better understanding of what you need.
When you quit drinking or using certain drugs, your body may go into withdrawals. These can range from uncomfortable to downright dangerous and – in severe cases – even deadly. But in order to go forward with treatment, many addicts must first go through detox. As a result, this is frequently the first step.
During this process, you’ll be under constant medical supervision. This is to keep you safe as your body flushes out the drugs and alcohol. Most detox programs run anywhere from 3 to 10 days, although in severe cases they may go up to a month.
You’ll also get medication to decrease withdrawals and cravings. Not everyone has to go through detox, so you should discuss this option with your treatment team. Northeast Addictions Treatment Center is an outpatient center, but we can refer you to a detox program if necessary. That way, you can stabilize your condition before you start treatment with us.
Residential Inpatient Program
This is when you actually live at the treatment center and is usually reserved for more severe cases. It can run anywhere from 30 days to six months, during which time you’ll undergo regular counseling and therapy. This will help you develop skills and tools to stay clean and sober.
Inpatient is very helpful for some patients, but there are some definite drawbacks. First and foremost, it’s much more expensive than outpatient treatment. You also won’t be able to work or go to school and many patients consider it to be too drastic. In these situations, outpatient treatment will work better.
Outpatient Treatment Program
Outpatient rehab is an excellent option if you’re looking for something more flexible and less expensive. It offers all the same treatment methods as inpatient, but with a less intense schedule and level of commitment. Additionally, insurance companies are much more likely to cover outpatient treatment.
Outpatient treatment may consist of medication, therapy, support groups, counseling, 12-Step meetings and education. All of these methods have been proven to help treat addiction. Plus, it’s a good idea to do a program that is at least 90 days; studies show that longer treatment results in stronger sobriety.
- Day Program : Also known as partial hospitalization, this is the most intense form of outpatient treatment. With a day program, your recovery basically becomes a full-time job (30 to 40 hours a week). In most cases, you’ll attend treatment Monday through Friday for 6 to 8 hours a day.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) : This is a less intense, more flexible option. You’ll have access to all the same treatment methods, but you don’t have to commit as many hours. In most cases, it’ll be 3 days a week for about 3 hours a day.
Northeast Addictions Treatment Center offers both of these types of outpatient treatment. You can find us at our beautiful and peaceful facility in Quincy, MA.
If you’re unsure which outpatient treatment program is best for you, you can contact our experienced and compassionate intake team. They can go over your options and give you guidance.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Addiction is a disease. In most cases, diseases are treated with medication and addiction is no exception. Luckily for you, researchers have developed various drugs that can help you in your recovery.
The best rehab programs will offer MAT. Remember, this is just another tool in your recovery toolbox. In fact, MAT is most effective when it is combined with therapy and counseling, so most MAT programs make these mandatory.
These medications can do a variety of things, including:
- Eliminate unpleasant or dangerous side effects from your withdrawals.
- Treat underlying mental health disorders like anxiety, PTSD or depression.
- Block the action of alcohol and opioids.
- Decrease cravings for alcohol and opioids.
Northeast Addictions Treatment Center is an outpatient rehab that offers MAT as well as therapy and counseling. Both are offered at the same location so you can streamline your recovery process.
How to Use Your Insurance to Pay for Outpatient Addiction Treatment
You may be thinking to yourself: this is all fine and good, but rehab is just too expensive! That’s not always true. Plus, you can’t really put a price on your health and happiness, especially if insurance companies will cover some or all of your treatment.
According to federal law, insurance companies must treat addiction like any other health condition. Let’s not forget that it’s a disease.
Furthermore, they’re more likely to pay for outpatient versus inpatient rehab. This is especially true if it’s your first time getting treatment. In most cases, they’ll send you to outpatient first and, if that fails, they’ll cover inpatient treatment.
Exact coverage will depend on your plan and you can verify that by:
- Contacting your insurance company - Just call the Member Services number on your insurance card and be ready with your Member ID Number.
- Contacting the treatment center - Most treatment centers have insurance experts on staff to help you determine coverage.
It’s important to note that some providers first require a referral so they can pre-authorize the treatment cost.
Northeast Addictions Treatment Center is covered by a number of insurance providers, so you can contact us and we’ll work with you to determine your coverage. We know that money is a big concern for most patients, so we’ll develop the outpatient treatment plan that works best for you and your finances.
Most Popular Questions in Abington
Let’s go over some common questions.
Is outpatient treatment better than inpatient treatment?
It’s not so much that one’s better than the other. Rather, outpatient works for some people while inpatient is necessary for others. For instance, outpatient may be better if you have responsibilities that you can’t simply put aside. This may include children, work or school.
Additionally, outpatient can be ideal if it’s your first time getting treatment. This is especially true if inpatient treatment seems too drastic. Plus, it may also be perfect if you’ve already done inpatient in the past and simply need to reconnect with a recovery program.
What are the benefits of outpatient treatment?
One of the biggest benefits is the lower price compared to inpatient treatment. As a result, insurance companies are usually quicker to cover outpatient treatment. Plus, you have more freedom and flexibility. This may work better if you don’t need the drastic intervention of inpatient rehab.
When should I start outpatient rehab?
Right away! If you’re reading this page, then you’ve probably already struggled with addiction for too long. There’s no need to wait – you can start your recovery today. Plus, outpatient treatment means you don’t have to uproot your entire life.
Why Choose Northeast Addictions Treatment Center?
If you’re looking for outpatient treatment in Abington or the surrounding areas, then Northeast Addictions Treatment Center is the perfect choice for you. Located just 30 minutes away in Quincy, it’s a world-class treatment center in a serene setting. There’s no better place to treat your addiction!
We’re fully accredited with JCAHO, BSAS, Shatterproof and Legitscript while all of our staff is fully credentialed and licensed. If you need treatment every day, then we offer the comprehensive Day Program. If you want to come just a few times a week, then our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is perfect for you.
We offer medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for qualifying patients and if you suffer from mental health issues, we offer dual diagnosis treatment. We can help you heal your relationships with our family programs. You can also customize your treatment plan by using our various forms of evidence-based treatment (EBT), including:
- The 12-Step Program
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Transcranial Neurostimulation (TCNS)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
Finally, we believe in a strong continuum of care. People come to us seeking guidance for their new path through life and we’re here to help you, every step of the way. Contact us today and start your new, sober life right away!
- CDC - Drug Overdose Deaths
- Drug Control Program - Mass.gov
- Behavioral Health Barometer - Massachusetts, Vol 4
- MA Department of Public Health - Geographic Fact Sheet
- Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths among Massachusetts Residents
- Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths by City/Town 2015-2019
- Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths by County, MA Residents: 2010-2019
- The Joint Commission: Standards
- Shatterproof National Principles of Care
- Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment